Happy Valentine’s Day!
Today is one of the most pointless holidays ever, in my opinion. It is important to go out of your way to let those who are important to you know that you love them everyday. Not just one day a year. We spent our Valentine’s Day morning doing our taxes and now he is asleep before his work shift. Yay for adulting! It’s okay though, everyday we spend time together and spoil each other with the small stuff that means the most.
However, for those who celebrate, I really hope that your day is amazing and that it goes the way you planned for it to!
What Am I Reading?
That is a good question. If you look to the left hand side of the website, my Goodreads ‘currently reading’ is listed. It’s not always up-to-date though. So here we go:
- Ilsa by Madeleine L’Engle
- Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty
- The Travelers by K.L. Krane
- Bloodslaves by N.L. Hoffman
Only one of those listed above is for pleasure (the rest are for review) and I only only allowing myself a chapter a day with that one. All four will be reviewed on the blog shortly. Repost of reviews that were deleted will be reposted as well over the course of the next few months. At least, those that I have backed up.
I don’t set news year resolutions, but I have set some goals this year.
- Crochet at least five things. I have completed one baby blanket for my newest nephew due in March. I cannot wait to give it to my sister at her baby shower on the 26th. I am really worried that she won’t like it, but after it is gifted I will try to post some pictures of it. It may not seem like a lot, but with my carpal tunnel it is a lot more difficult that I’d like for it to be. Complete: 01/05.
- Read at least twelve books. Last month I managed to complete one full book. It was Who Do You Love by Jennifer Weiner. I may get a review up of it at some point. Complete: 01/12.
- Eat healthier. No, I don’t load up on junk food, but I have a bad habit of only eating when I have time. As a work at home mom, time is not very common. I was doing really bad and only eating once a day and it got to the point that I only really got hungry once a day. I’ve been doing better now and eating at least two times a day with at least a snack or two between. Working hard on upping the meals to three times a day, but I am happy with my progress. Slow and steady. [Before you ask, yes I feed my daughter and husband three times a day. It’s just harder for me to sit down and eat because the work is never done. There is always something to be done.]
- Positive thoughts. While my depression and anxiety have gotten a lot better, I’d still like to find more positive thoughts. Planning to start journaling again and finding one positive thing per day to write down.
On 01/22/2017 we had a puppy show up. We opened up our home to it and she’s been such a blessing in many ways. She is so amazing with Baby Girl and good in the house. Our back yard fenced in, but she has absolutely no manners out there. She won’t come when called, she runs around like she is loose and it’s getting old quick. To make matters worse she’s learned to push under the fence to go to the neighbors house. I am reaching my wits end, but I am trying so hard not to give up. 02/18/2017 she goes to get her last round of puppy shots and her microchip. I really want her to remain here, but I need her recall when outside to be better. Any advice? Comment or contact me, I could really use it.